Day of Caring
Day of Caring is a one-day, community-wide event that connects nearly 700 volunteers with projects at nonprofits in the Shreveport-Bossier and Minden area. This event gives volunteers the opportunity to see their United Way contributions at work and learn more about the needs in their community. Volunteers tackle projects like painting, landscaping, clerical work, cleaning, and sorting food and donations. Annually, Day of Caring saves our nonprofit partners thousands in labor costs and allows volunteers to impact their community for the good.
Shreveport-Bossier Day of Caring
- Event starts with a pep rally breakfast hosted by Horseshoe Casino
- Participants enjoy games, live entertainment, and yoga
- Teams depart to their work sites
- Projects are three to four hours long
- The day ends at the Horseshoe Casino DARE pool when weather allows to celebrate and announce the Spirit Award winner
Come join one of the largest volunteer events in Northwest Louisiana! #DOC2020 SBC will be Friday, May 8.
Minden Day of caring
- Kicks off with a pep rally breakfast at United Way’s Webster, Bienville, Claiborne (W.B.C.) Center.
- Raffles and door prizes
- Volunteers and nonprofit coordinators meet and mingle
- Projects take two hours or less to complete
#DOC2020 Minden will be held Saturday, May 2!