Day of Caring
Day of Caring is a one-day, community-wide event that allows corporate and nonprofit volunteers the opportunity to see their contributions at work. This annual event connects nearly 700 people with nonprofits in the Shreveport-Bossier and Minden areas, giving them the chance to learn more about the health and human service needs in their communities. Teams of volunteers tackle things like painting, landscaping, clerical work, cleaning, and sorting food and donations. Annually, Day of Caring saves our nonprofit partners thousands in labor costs as volunteers undertake projects that improve their community.
- Day of Caring-SBC kicks off with a pep rally breakfast hosted by Horseshoe Casino
- Volunteers and nonprofits can enjoy live entertainment and yoga
- This event is held on a Friday from 7:45 a.m. to about 4 p.m.
- Teams then depart to their work sites
- Projects usually last three to four hours
- The day ends with an after-party where we celebrate our efforts and announce the award for Most Spirited
Come join one of the largest volunteer events in Northwest Louisiana! #DOC2020 dates and details will be announced February 2020.
- Day of Caring- Minden is family friendly
- This event is always held on a Saturday morning
- Kicks off with a pep rally breakfast of its own at United Way’s Webster, Bienville, Claiborne (W.B.C.) Center.
- Raffles and door prizes are offered
- Company volunteers and their families will meet the nonprofits before serving
- Projects take two hours or less to complete
#DOC2020 Minden dates and details will be announced February 2020.