VITA VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
How well do you know VITA?
Our Vice President of Financial Stability, Rashida Dawson, will give a quick overview of the program and its benefits in this video!
Are you curious about volunteering at a VITA site?
Rashida explains what volunteering for VITA requires in this video. We’ve included a description of each volunteer position in our PDF below, as well.
What is the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program?
The IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free basic tax return preparation to qualified individuals.
The VITA program has operated for over 50 years, offering free tax help to:
- People who generally make $60,000 or less
- Persons with disabilities; and
- Limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
In addition to VITA, the TCE program offers free tax help, particularly for those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors.
VITA/TCE services are free, and they are a reliable and trusted source for preparing tax returns.
- All VITA/TCE volunteers who prepare returns must take and pass tax law training that meets or exceeds IRS standards. This training includes maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all taxpayer information.
- In addition to requiring volunteers to certify their knowledge of the tax laws, the IRS requires a quality review check for every return prepared at a VITA/TCE site prior to filing. Each filing season, tens of thousands of dedicated VITA/TCE volunteers prepare millions of federal and state returns.
Please fill out the form below to apply to be a VITA volunteer for 2024!