Empowering Healthy Lives
Good health is essential for individual success and a thriving community. Healthy kids are more likely to succeed in school. Healthy adults are more productive at work. The whole community will flourish when all our residents have access to safe physical activity, healthy foods and quality health care.
WHAT WE DO
Access to Health Care
– Creating and increasing access to medical care, dental care and mental health services.
– Receiving necessary prescriptions, health aids, hearing aids or eyeglasses.
– Creating and increasing healthy eating and physical opportunities.
– Increasing healthy habits and changing lifestyles.
– Providing a safe home and community.
HOW WE DO IT
Sights and Sounds Program provides financial assistance to children in Caddo or Bossier parish schools, who have been identified as needing an eye or hearing exam and/or prescription glasses or hearing aids.
The FamilyWize Prescription Assistance Program saves an average of 45% on prescriptions for anyone, whether insured or not, living in Northwest Louisiana. In 2018, NWLA residents saved $206,511 on their prescriptions.