Free Tax Preparation
Get Your Taxes Prepared for Free.
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
VITA provides free federal and state tax preparation for individuals making $55,000 or less. Taxes are prepared by IRS certified volunteers at strategic sites throughout the Northwest Louisiana territory.
Ready to get started? For a VITA site near you, VITA locations to see 2019’s VITA site times and locations or call
IMPORTANT! There are required documents to bring when getting your taxes filed. Click here to view and print the checklist.
Do Your Own Taxes for Free.
Not afraid to prepare your own taxes? MyFreeTaxes makes filing easy! MyFreeTaxes.com is a free federal and state tax preparation website for individuals making $66,000 or less through H&R Block. Ready to begin your return or learn more?
READY TO START YOUR RETURN?
Visit www.myfreetaxes.com and click on the orange “Get Started” button.
- Call 1-855-698-9435 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MyFreeTaxes offers support in English and Spanish.
- The MyFreeTaxes Helpline is available from mid-January through April 30, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, and between Noon and 9 p.m. EST on Saturdays.
Save a little, win big! SaveYourRefund is a partnership between Commonwealth and America Saves that provides exciting incentives for individuals to save during the tax season. You can win one of $30,000 in prizes, including two grand prizes of $10,000.
How Does SaveYourRefund Work?
- Use the Form 8888 when you file your taxes to split your refund into two parts; one for spending and one for savings.
- Save at least $50 of your tax refund into a savings account, certificate of deposit, IRA, prepaid card, savings bond, or Treasury Direct account.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, enter to win at www.saveyourrefund.com!
VITA & SaveYourRefund Sponsored in Part By: