EXIT-318 (Ex Offenders In Transition) has developed a framework to create a Continuum of Care to provide critical case management and wrap around services, including housing and employment services, to support returning participants needs to be successful and stay out of jail. EXIT-318 will provide case management, housing assistance, employment services and essential needs, including transportation funds, welfare funds, and transitional employment funds to a selected audience across Caddo and Bossier Parishes.
1. Case Management- Develop a service plan that will define the action steps, resources needed, challenges and track progress for each participant.
2. Housing Assistance- Assist in locating safe, decent, affordable housing for those participants in need.
3. Employment Services- Provide a combination of targeted employment services aimed at increasing employment outcomes and reducing their risk of recidivism.
4. Transportation funds- Bus passes provided in a limited basis due to funding constraints.
5. Essential needs- At the point of reentry, individuals typically have multiple immediate unmet needs. Food, water, clothing and shelter are essential for life. The EXIT-318 program feels that many of the urgent needs will be able to be addressed through Reentry Coalition partners.
6. Employment funds- Light touch job placement services to the public including access to virtual job readiness training, job lead assistance and retention services.