MANAGER OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager of Marketing and Communications will execute multiple strategic pieces of communications with a goal to increase donor stewardship, contributions and brand awareness. This marketing and communications professional will be adept at creating and implementing strategic communications plans to market United Way programs to donors, corporations, volunteers and more. This position will report to the Vice President of Resource Development but work with all departments in the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Assignments will include writing news alerts and releases, creating the annual report, digital marketing, content creation, updating the website, crisis communications, brand management, some graphic design. This position will also work closely with the Resource Development team and area businesses to fundraise. Being comfortable in front of an audience and overall presentation skills are crucial to the position.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience.
• Experience providing creative direction and ability to take the lead on projects.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong verbal, writing and editing skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of fundraising and experience in formulating results.
• Excellent writing skills, including skills to prepare information in appropriate form for diverse audiences and purposes.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining productive relationships with community contacts.
• Organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and meet numerous deadlines.
• Knowledge of journalistic formats, styles, deadlines, techniques and audiences.
• Must provide own transportation to off-site events and meetings.
• Work hours outside standard 8AM-5PM schedule.
• May be required to work in an open and/or shared office environment with multiple interruptions.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
For nearly 100 years, United Way of Northwest Louisiana has improved lives of individuals in our community. The organization fights for the education, health, and financial stability and essential needs. United Way of Northwest Louisiana serves agencies throughout a ten parish region, and operates a dozen internal human service programs. Each United Way organization operates independently of each other and makes decisions by local leaders.
Resumes will be accepted beginning August 19, 2019 until the position is filled. Interested applicants may email a resume to Tori Thomas, Vice President of Resource Development at Tori@unitedwaynwla.org.