Caddo Parish Public Schools Employee Assistance Fund
The Caddo Parish Public Schools Employee Assistance Fund is our way of powering employee-to-employee giving and is for Caddo Schools employees who have been impacted by unforeseen circumstances that have caused temporary, yet severe, financial hardships. Individuals who meet the eligibility requirements below can receive up to $1,000 in assistance depending on the financial crisis.
- The Applicant must be an active Caddo Parish Public School employee, regular full or part-time.
- Applicant must have worked at Caddo Parish Public Schools for a period of one calendar year before applying for assistance.
- Applicant must have contacted United Way’s 2-1-1 call line to seek community assistance and found assistance to be either insufficient or unavailable. Individuals should share with 2-1-1 their name and that they are a Caddo Parish Public Schools employee to confirm correspondence.
For the purposes of the Caddo Parish Public Schools Employee Assistance Fund, a bonafide emergency financial situation shall be considered any event or combination of circumstances that calls for immediate action or any pressing need following a sudden and unexpected occurrence of which was wholly unforeseen by the employee and beyond the employee’s control, including but not limited to:
- Natural disaster (flood, tornado, hurricane, etc.)
- Loss of property
- Unavoidable financial emergency
- Disease (COVID, cancer, etc.)
- Extended illness/disability
Need is directly attributed to or caused by a financial emergency situation, as defined in section III. Need may also be determined by undue, temporary hardship, which shall be defined as circumstances peculiar to the employee’s situation, not deliberately caused by the employee, which are of such magnitude or severity that it is unlikely that the employee has sufficient resources to reasonably expect a favorable outcome, such as delay in receiving disability insurance, a spouse’s unexpected departure, the cessation of child support, or a prolonged family illness.An applicant with longer-standing financial problems, though clearly in need of assistance, would not meet the temporary hardship requirement and, therefore, would not be eligible.
Individuals who meet the eligibility requirements may receive up to $1,000 in assistance depending on the financial crisis.
How to Support the Fund
If you would like to support the Caddo Parish Public Schools Employee Assistance Fund, contributions can be made:
- Caddo Schools United Way campaign
- Online at unitedwaynwla.org/donate
- Mail check or money order to
United Way of Northwest Louisiana,
820 Jordan Suite 370, Shreveport, LA 71101
*Please designate your gift to the Caddo Schools Employee Assistance Fund