United Way of Northwest Louisiana Job Description
Job Title: Resource Development Support Intern
Reporting to: Vice President of Resource Development
Overall Purpose of this Role:
This paid position will contribute to the achievement of United Way of Northwest Louisiana’s mission and vision by supporting the Resource Development Department with a wide range of administrative services. The position requires 20-25 hours per week.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Ability to manage time effectively, organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, proficient with the suite of Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher) and the use of databases and websites.
- Must be a team player that is willing to learn and grow in their profession.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the requisite essential functions.
This position involves sorting, packing, stocking, loading and unloading of program supplies; participating in campaign meetings, presentations, and other off-site activities, including event logistics & execution; driving for various assignments; assisting in projects; and a variety of other physical tasks. These activities involve the ability to twist, pull, push, lift, (up to 50 lbs.), bend, squat, climb, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods; use of dolly; manual dexterity; and visual acuity for driving and computer use.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Gain knowledge of United Way of Northwest Louisiana’s internal programs and initiatives.
- Represents UWNWLA professionally and enthusiastically and serves as an organization ambassador.
- Engages effectively with staff and volunteers in the spirit of teamwork with passion for our mission.
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with other departmental needs and serve as back up to team members as needed for events, presentations, and outreaches.
- Assist with writing thank you notes, acknowledgements, meeting memos, and documenting touchpoints and general correspondence.
- Attends scheduled meetings/events and participates in community outreach activities.
The Resource Development Support Intern will be given goals and tasks and be considered a temporary unpaid employee while performing duties for United Way. The student will be responsible for timely completion of projects, as well as adhering to United Way of Northwest Louisiana policies and procedures. All work that the student completes for United Way can be utilized by United Way of Northwest Louisiana in whatever way the organization sees fit, both now and after the student’s internship is complete. The student can take the work he/she completes with United Way and use it for their portfolio of work after the Vice President of Resource Development reviews it to ensure sensitive material is not included to protect our donors’ confidentiality.
The Resource Development Support Intern will gain the following:
- Brand association with the largest non-profit in the world
- Access to local business leaders
- Professional network
- Public speaking skills
- Increased knowledge of NWLA non-profit and business community
- Rewarding learning experience
- Knowledge of nonprofit best practices
- Practice with time-management & juggling multiple priorities
- General professional work experience
- Class Credit if applicable
Pay for the position is a $5,000 stipend paid out over 5 months with up to $1,000 of travel expenses reimbursed.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed while interning with the United Way of Northwest Louisiana.
Applicants should email their resume to Tori Thomas, Vice President of Resource Development at email@example.com for consideration by June 14, 2019. Applicants will be notified of their status no later than July 1, 2019.