Q: How did you come to be involved with the United Way?
I became involved through routine giving to United Way over the past 25 years.
Q: If you could tell someone who doesn’t know about the United Way one thing about our organization, what would it be?
United Way of Northwest Louisiana is an organization that is helping to better our community. They work closely with many non-profit agencies. They provide support to the non-profits in many ways.
Just a few of those ways include:
- by providing training opportunities for the non-profits
- helping with fundraising opportunities
- bringing about community awareness
- funding grant requests
- coordinating volunteers for special events that benefit the non-profit agencies
- providing special services like 211, tax prep services, etc
Q: If you could change one thing in this community, what would it be?
I would change homelessness.