Six community members have agreed to devote time to serve as a board director for United Way of Northwest Louisiana. These new additions have been recognized throughout Northwest Louisiana as individuals with the passion and tenacity to improve the community. The new board members represent different areas throughout the ten parish coverage area that United Way NWLA serves. The new members include the following:
· Bret Cox – Sam’s Town Casino
· State Representative Kenny Cox – Louisiana House of Representatives
· Renee Ellis – Westwood Elementary School
· Hardy Foreman – Carr, Riggs & Ingram
· Jim Shockley – Gordon, Inc.
· Buddy Wood – State Farm, Sabine Parish
These six individuals join 21 others on the board that advocate on behalf of United Way of NWLA. They will serve a minimum of one calendar year.
In addition to six new board members, three new officers have been appointed in the following areas:
· Jerome Cox of Miles Stones Counseling Service will serve as Chairman
· Merrill Wautlet of Cross Keys Bank as Chair Elect
· Hardy Foreman of Carr, Riggs, & Ingram as Vice Chair of Resource Development
All 2017 board members of United Way NWLA are asked to advance the mission of improving health, education, and financial stability for all citizens living in Northwest Louisiana while maintaining essential needs for those in crisis or struggling.