(Shreveport, LA) – It takes everyone in our communities working together to create a brighter future. Through hard work, donations, and time, United Way of Northwest Louisiana has been able to do just that. In 2014, UWNWLA raised $2.2 million in cash and pledges and was able to help more than 100,000 people living in our communities.
“By giving to UWNWLA, you know your contributions are invested wisely through our allocation grant process”, said Bruce Willson, UWNWLA, President and CEO. In 2014, more than 600 companies, businesses and organizations, and more than 12,000 individual donors participated in United Way’s Workplace Campaign. “Pacesetter campaigns take place in the summer months to help set the pace for the general campaign,” said Willson. These businesses that sign up to become Pacesetters are challenged to increase their campaign, provide a corporate match, contribution or sponsorship.
Today, company and non-profit representatives were able to see their contributions at work. Forty-five organizations will be funded as a result of donations to United Way for their programs in the areas of health, education, income and basic needs. The funds raised each year help children, families, elderly, the homeless, the sick, the abused, and the neglected.
They are helped through tutoring programs, mentoring programs, health screenings, literacy programs, housing programs, food programs, after school programs. “United Way works to address the WHOLE problem to find the solution,” said Willson.
Grant recipients are as follows:
- American Red Cross of Northwest Louisiana
- Arc Caddo-Bossier
- Caddo Council on Aging
- Caddo-Bossier Cancer Foundation League, Inc.
- Career Compass of Louisiana
- Catholic Charities of North Louisiana
- Center for Families, Inc.
- CoHabitat Foundation, Inc.
- Dress for Success Shreveport-Bossier
- Food Bank of Central Louisiana
- Gingerbread House Bossier
- Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana
- Heart of Hope Ministries, Inc.
- Holy Angels Residential Facility
- Inner City Entrepreneur Institute
- Junior Achievement of North Louisiana Inc.
- Louisiana Association on Compulsive Gambling
- LSU in Shreveport Foundation, Inc.
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Mobile Medical Ministry
- United Christian Home, Inc.
- Volunteers for Youth Justice
- Volunteers of America of North Louisiana
- Youth Enrichment Program
- Youth Outreach Services
- YWCA of Northwest Louisiana
- Martin Luther King Health Center
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Natchitoches Parish Council on Aging
- Northwest Louisiana Food Bank
- Northwest Louisiana Interfaith Pharmacy
- Norwela Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Philadelphia Center
- Plant A Seed In Our Youth Foundation
- Project Celebration, Inc.
- Providence House
- Renesting Project, Inc.
- Sadies Arms, Inc.
- Salvation Army Shreveport Corps
- Samaritan Counseling Center
- Shreveport-Bossier Cinco De Mayo Inc.
- Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission