As of August 17, Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that a total of 20 parishes have been declared a major disaster by the federal government. The following parishes have now received a federal declaration:
Acadia Ascension Avoyelles
East Baton Rouge East Feliciana Evangeline
Iberia Iberville Jefferson Davis
Lafayette Livingston Pointe Coupee
St. Helena St. Landry St. Martin
St. Tammany Tangipahoa Vermilion
Washington West Feliciana
“This is an historic flooding incident in Louisiana,” said Gov. Edwards. “We are working around the clock to get every available resource into the hands of the people of our state. No one will be forgotten as we continue to assess the damage. I will continue to work with the federal government, as well as state, local, and federal partners, to make sure the resources we need are on the ground as soon as possible.”
Key Contacts and Resources:
LA 211 / 232-HELP
Resource phone line that provides vital, non-emergency information on where to access resources.
FEMA Registration, Helpline and Rental Resources
800-621-3362 (FEMA TTY, 1-800-462-7585)
Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362
U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA)
Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by:
- Calling (800) 659-2955
- Emailing email@example.com
- Visiting SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster.
- Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 800-877-8339
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Louisiana Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers disaster assistance and low-interest loan programs to assist agricultural producers in their recovery efforts following the recent flooding and severe storms. www.fsa.usda.gov/ or contact your local FSA Office. To find your local FSA county office, visit http://offices.usda.gov.
Where Do I Go for….
Disaster Emergency Food Stamps
- Disaster Emergency Food Stamps is available to those in declared parishes.
Disaster unemployment assistance (DUA)
- Disaster Unemployment is available to those individuals whose employment has been effected as a result of the disaster. To file for disaster unemployment assistance, applicants should apply online at www.laworks.net or call the Benefits Analysis Team Monday through Friday, 8 am-5 pm. Personal assistance is available through local Business and Career Solutions Centers.
Behavioral Health Support?
- Free, confidential phone line to talk to someone if you are in crisis.
Free Legal Counseling:
- Operated by the Louisiana Civil Justice Center in partnership with the Louisiana State Bar Association.
US Internal Revenue:
800-827-1000 (TTY 800-829-4833)
- CARSA- 225-343-8811
- The ARC of Louisiana 866-966-6261
- Developmental Disabilities Council 800-450-8108
- The Advocacy Center (Baton Rouge) 800-711-1696
- The Advocacy Center (Lafayette) 800-822-0210
Other Key Contacts:
- Louisiana State Police: 225-925-6325 or *LSP from any cell phone
- Consumer Protection Hotline: 800-351-4889
- Entergy: 800-ENTERGY; Power Outages: 800-9OUTAGE
- DEMCO: 800-262-1160
- Washing St. Tammany Electric Cooperative: 985-643-6612; Power Outages: 866-672-9773