2-1-1- Resource & Outreach Director
The 2-1-1 Resource & Outreach Director is responsible for developing and maintaining the iCarol 2-1-1 resource information for effective information and referral service delivery. This position will establish relationships throughout Northwest Louisiana, promote awareness of United Way 2-1-1, help to identify gaps in service/resources, all while working closely with the UWNELA’s 2-1-1 Director as part of a collective effort to provide quality and efficient services.
· Bachelor’s degree in human services field from a four year college/university preferred and/or combination of equivalent employment and education experience.
· Two or more years’ related work experience in nonprofits and/or social services.
· Knowledge of community resources and the human service delivery system/ability to acquire knowledge quickly.
· Computer literate, proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and spreadsheets.
· Highly organized and detailed-oriented with ability to manage and analyze data, including managing multiple tasks.
· Excellent interviewing and cognitive skills (written and oral communications, logic, judgment, team work).
· Exceptional public speaking and interpersonal skills, with ability to interview and proofread data.
· Effective leadership skills appropriate to a customer-driven organization.
· Ability to work well independently, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines/priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Results-oriented and personally accountable for expectations, timelines and measures.
· Works 38 hours a week; ability to work outside the 8am to 5pm workday, weekends and at times of disaster, as requested/required.
· Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the requisite essential functions. This multi-faceted position involves sorting, packing, stocking, loading and unloading of program supplies; participating in community fairs, school makeover events and other off-site activities, including set-up and tear-down; driving for various assignments; assisting in projects; general maintenance of program facilities, including creating displays, hanging signage and light cleaning; managing volunteer projects, including set-up and clean-up; and a variety of other physical tasks. These activities involve the ability to twist, pull, push, lift, (up to 50 lbs.), bend, squat, climb, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods; use of dolly and/or pallet jack (with proper training); manual dexterity for operating small tools & equipment; and visual acuity for driving and computer use.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Resource Data Management on iCarol
- Serve as the primary staff member responsible for maintaining the iCarol database for United Way 2-1-1 in Northwest Louisiana.
- Organize database according to the AIRS/INFO Line Taxonomy of Human Services
- Identify and evaluate the appropriateness of new and existing community resources for inclusion in the iCarol regional database, based on the “Inclusion-Exclusion Policy”
- Ensure that clear and detailed written agency/program/site descriptions are inserted into the database
- Provide customer service to partners seeking to correct information/clarify information for the 2-1-1 database
- Take steps to ensure all resource data is up-to-date as services change – to be done not less than bi-annually
- Capture all disaster-related resources and tag properly during times of emergency and disaster
- Provide statewide resource management support as requested during statewide disaster response
Community Partnerships and Outreach Activities
· Serve as the primary contact of the United Way 2-1-1 for Northwest Louisiana
· Educate the public to effectively use the United Way 2-1-1 Resources Directory on the UWNWLA website
· Promote and represent United Way 2-1-1 at community events and public forums
· Seek out, develop and maintain relationships with community services providers and key disaster leaders, i.e. Parish EOP’s and VOAD Board.
· Attend all VOAD, disaster press conferences, and/or long-term recovery meetings to represent United Way 2-1-1
· Perform disaster duties as needed including extended hours, after hours and/or weekends
· Assist in posting resources on social media related to community resources, disaster or long-term recovery efforts
Management and Leadership
· Serves as a spokesperson and ambassador for UWNWLA and represents the organization professionally and enthusiastically
· Provides exceptional customer service to community organizations, volunteers, board members and donors.
· Manage requests personally and/or directs to appropriate community organization
· Attends United Way 2-1-1 staff meetings, conference calls, trainings and functions, as required
· Meet any certification requirements necessary for program development and/or accreditation
· Refer all concerns or complaints about client call experiences to UWNELA immediately
· Work independently in answering telephone calls and routine correspondence
· Write solicitation and acknowledgement letters, meeting memos and general correspondence.
· Works effectively with staff and volunteers in spirit of teamwork, with demonstrated passion for United Way’s mission.
· Updates skills regularly to enhance knowledge of United Way and resource development.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with salary history to Lynn Stevens, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.