Director of Operations – WBC Center
The Director of Operations is responsible for the advancement of the United Way of Northwest Louisiana’s mission and vision in Webster, Bienville, and Claiborne Parishes. This position is responsible for coordinating fundraising activities through workplace campaigns, serving as a spokesperson, helping to coordinate special events throughout the year and ensuring effective operations at the WBC Center, including vendor, tenant and activity management.
· Plans, organizes, and conducts United Way annual workplace fundraising campaigns in Webster, Bienville and Claiborne parishes, including securing gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, nonprofits and civic organizations.
· Works in support of and at the direction of the Vice President of Resource Development.
Office & Building Management:
· Manage building services, including maintenance, cleaning, security and building operations.
· Work established office hours to provide leadership for facilities management, space planning and coordination of tenants.
· Ensuring that organizational policies and procedures are efficiently and effectively implemented.
Volunteer Engagement & Special Events Management:
· Work with the Community Engagement Coordinator to organize, maintain, market, and support volunteer engagement program for the Webster, Bienville, and Claiborne parishes, including seek companies to participate in Day of Caring and Day of Action activities.
· Assist the United Way staff with coordination of the Campaign kickoff, Day of Caring, Back to School Bash, National Night Out, and other events as they arise at the UW WBC Center, including invitations, reminders, tracking attendance, obtaining volunteers, decorations, food, gifts/door prizes, and entertainment.
Management and Leadership:
· Serves as a spokesperson and ambassador for UWNWLA and represents the organization professionally and enthusiastically
· Meet with nonprofit organizations in Webster, Bienville and Claiborne parishes.
· Provides exceptional customer service and administrative support to both internal and external tenants, volunteers, advisory board members and donors.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four year college/university and/or combination of equivalent employment and education experience preferred.
· Two or more years’ related work experience in nonprofits and/or other cause-related entity
· Computer literate, proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and spreadsheets.
· Exceptional presentation/public speaking skills, interpersonal skills and creative energy.
· Effective leadership skills appropriate to a customer-driven organization.
· Innovative and creative thought processes – exceptional “out of the box thinking” capabilities.
· Detailed-oriented with ability to manage and analyze data.
· Experience working with volunteers and event planning.
· Results-oriented and personally accountable for expectations, timelines and measures.
· Cognitive skills (written and oral communications, logic, judgment, team work, mobility, and manual dexterity).
· Works independently and manage time effectively.
· Sufficient clarity of speech, hearing, vision, manual dexterity and personal mobility which allows effective communication, bending, standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Organizes multiple tasks and meets deadlines.
· Works 38 hours a week; ability to work outside the 8am to 5pm workday and weekends as required.
· Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation.